Monday, September 15, 2008

Monday

Today has been such a MONDAY!!!
Woke up at 2:45 am and listened to Miles cough for .... a few hours. Held him a while so he would be upright. Helped as long as he was upright. Hope tonight is better.
Took my grandmother to the hospital for her pre-op testing (she is having a knee replacement next Monday) and admitting. Proved to be frustrating..... long story! As part of her pre-op procedure, I had to take her to radiology to have a chest x-ray done. When we walked into radiology, I quickly had a flash back. I remembered that this was the same place I had carried Miles to for a chest x-ray the night we rushed to emergency after his seizure. She was taken into the same x-ray room and I waited in the same area where I waited in fear that night as I held my baby and wondered if he was going to be ok. It brought such overwhelming anxiety and wonder if he would have another. I don't live in the fear of another, but my thoughts do go there when he feels warm. I take his temperature more times that I would probably be comfortable admitting. This verse has come to mind several times today:
Psalm 55: 1-2, 5, 22
Listen to my prayer, O God, do not ignore my plea;
2 hear me and answer me. My thoughts trouble me and I am distraught
5 Fear and trembling have beset me; horror has overwhelmed me.
22 Cast your cares on the LORD and he will sustain you; he will never let the righteous fall.

Such an amazing reminder that he is ok with the fact that we worry. He is ok that we are scared. He made us with those emotions. He also tells us to give it to Him. He will never let the righteous fall. Wow! That is an amazing truth. An amazing gift. Lets me breathe a sigh of relief. Father, I give Miles and his health and his precious life to you. Please protect him and give him continued good health. Thank you for taking my anxiety and my fears and replacing them with your peace.

On my way home from Mesquite, the ABS, VSA and Brake lights on my car came on. Called the dealer/service dept. His response: "Well........that doesn't sound good. Probably should bring it in." Really? Thanks - that was most helpful. So, after Eric gets home tomorrow night, we will be dropping it to the dealer Wednesday morning and will be sharing a car, well, for an undetermined amount of time. Great. Joy. What else?????

Happy news: I did my first run in over a month. And, thanks to Ike, the weather is cool enough in Dallas to run outside. Yippee!!! So, I ran 2.3 miles in about 30 minutes. I walked a while at the start to get warmed up. It was SO nice. I might try to do it again tomorrow, but will have to have the boys in the stroller. We'll see how that goes.....! So, half-marathon training is officially back on. YEA!!!!! 13 weeks until my run - the White Rock Marathon (I'm doing the half only!) on December 14th. That is just 2 days before Eric and I celebrate our 8th wedding anniversary. Where did 8 years possibly go????
Also, Mason is on a soccer team - the Kicks - through the YMCA. His first practice is this afternoon at 5pm and his first game is Saturday at 9am. It was supposed to be last Saturday, but all games were cancelled due to Ike/rain. So, I am adding to my list of titles - now, Soccer Mom. :) I'll be posting plenty of pics of him playing.

0 comments: